Updated: Aug 11, 2021
Romesco dressing is an absolute winner when it comes to garnishing fish or meat and a great addition to any veggie and vegan meals. Its spicy, rich in flavour and smokey! What else can you ask for?
Here’s a full proof recipe I learnt whilst working at Noble rot from my mate Myles Donaldson.
100g roasted salted almonds
1 roasted red peppers (peeled and deseeded)
100g piquillo peppers (peeled and deseeded)
75g sundried tomatoes
25ml red wine vinegar
100ml olive oil
1 lemon juiced
1 red chilli
½ tbsp sweet smoked paprika
1 garlic clove
1. Pulse almonds in a blender till coarsely ground and set aside
2. Weigh out vinegar, oil and lemon juice in a jug.
3. Blend peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chilli and smoked paprika to a smooth consistency.
4. Add oil, vinegar lemon to the blender and whizz.
5. Add the whizzed up peppers to the almonds, mix with a spoon till combined and taste for seasoning.
If you make this cake tag us on social media using #damsonjellyacademy or tag us in your stories @damsonjellyacademy. We LOVE to see it.